Buckets of Grace by Barry Hughes

What do I need? We are asking this question more often these days. For example, If we need to get out and go to the store, we are extra careful to make an accurate, all encompassing list. “Making a list, checking it twice” is not just about Santa any longer.
I suspect that we are also asking that question on a deeper level than before. What do I need to be healthy? What do I need to be happy? What do I need to do for others? What do I need?

An anonymous little neighbor gives us their answer, written in sidewalk chalk: we need buckets of grace. We need grace from God for our sins and shortcomings. We need grace for those around us, especially in tense, quarantined times. We need grace toward ourselves because the best we can is really all we can do.

My father in the ministry told me a story of a particularly painful time in his life and the life of his family. He said that as he looks back, it was as if “God carried them through on a pillow of grace”.

Buckets of grace to you this day!

-Barry Hughes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud