See You Soon by Barry Hughes


After all the big rains, I was hopeful that the children in my neighborhood would start anew in their sidewalk chalk messages. I was not disappointed.

Today’s picture represents one of the new works. It struck me with how specific it is: “ I hope to see you soon Claire”. After a couple of weeks of this new routine, some of the messages have gone from general words of encouragement and hope to specific statements to individuals who are deeply loved and greatly missed.

I share these feelings. I miss my people terribly, and I see your faces as I write and even as I preach to an empty room. Absence certainly is making the heart grow fonder.

As you think of someone you hope to see soon, as you see their face in your mind, why not pick up the phone or send them a message? Don’t wait. They might even need it more than you!

Til we meet again, I love you church!

-Barry Hughes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud