The First Post by Barry Hughes

Pastor Barry HughesAs I started my day today I was thinking and saying a prayer for us all. In the midst of this public health crisis, we all can feel overwhelmed. The loss of our livelihood. The fear of getting sick. The inability to be with those we love in critical times in their lives. On top of all this, “life” does not stop. We still are dealing with our daily issues, commitments and struggles. These are,indeed, the most challenging times.

But today I hear the words of Jesus who promised to be with us always, even to the end of the age. I hear the words of my favorite affirmation of faith which proclaims that in life, in death, in life beyond death, God is with us. We are not alone.

These truths give me courage and comfort, help and hope. May they do the same for you. Start each day remembering these truths and love one another.


-Barry Hughes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud