What You Need by Barry Hughes


Imagine my surprise as I found this gesture of community a couple of streets over from my house. So simple. So gracious. So powerful. As I walked along, I continued to think of what my life would be like if I only sought what I needed instead of being so drawn to everything I want. What would the world be like? What would this crisis be like for others if we only took what we needed?

Right now we WANT answers to so many questions. At least I know I do. But maybe I should switch to praying about the answers I NEED right now, in this moment. Maybe it would lessen the anxiety. Maybe it would bring a little touch of peace.

As I think about worshiping with you tomorrow, I am thinking about how thankful I am that God, even without giving me all the answers I want, has graciously given me all that I need. The presence of the Spirit. Forgiveness of my sins. New life, even in the midst of the storm.

See you tomorrow on the screen. Peace.

-Barry Hughes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud