All We Do by Barry Hughes



This fresh work of art brightened up the entire block this day. Vivid colors. Inspiring words. Even a little cursive writing greeted all who were fortunate enough to pass this way.
The word that first caught my attention was “all”. The verse the artist chose begins, “Let all that you do”. ALL that you do. Most of us are doing the best we can do just to keep up with ALL we have to do everyday. I don’t know about you, but I am at a loss to explain how I seem to have more to do under these pandemic conditions than I did before. ALL is a lot. ALL is, well, ALL. I’m struggling to just get it all done, anyway I can.
I imagine we tend to think that the things in life that need to be “done in love” are the big things. Sure, I need to lovingly care for my family. I should listen lovingly to a hurting friend. The appropriate response to God’s love for us is to love God back.
But how different would life be if I did ALL things in love? What if I treated with love the server who hands me my take out food? What if I acted lovingly toward all those masked faces I encounter at the grocery store? What if I decided to act lovingly toward those who disagree with me and who are so quick to find fault in even my best efforts? What if I lovingly went about those tasks in my life that I enjoy the least? What if I really began to see ALL that I do as a way of bringing love into the world?
Whose life might be changed? How would such living change my life? There is only one way to find out.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud