Place of Shelter

 



I have watched this little tree try to make it since I began my walks the Spring. The sprinklers run. The grass is mowed and edged around its spot. During the height of the summer heat, the homeowner lovingly constructed this shelter to protect the vulnerable sapling from the blazing sun. At this point, in spite of all the work and care I have witnessed, I am beginning to come to the conclusion that this one won’t make it. But I admire that these folks are not giving up. They believe that this little sapling will become a tree, though delayed and beleaguered in its growth. They believe.
Wouldn’t it would be wonderful to know such a place of shelter in our life? Wouldn’t it be life-changing to know such nurture and care? Wouldn’t it be a gift to know that those around us believe in us so completely?
For some, that place is home. For others, the church or religious community. We can have a special friendship that brings these gifts to our life. School might be that place for a child.
WE might be that gift to someone and not even be aware.
I have benefited much throughout my life from those places and people who have been these things to me. I hope to never take such gifts for granted. I hope to pass such gifts along by being there for others.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud