Recharge


Everyday I pass this little electric car, safe and snug in its driveway. It is always plugged in, getting recharged so it is ready to go wherever life calls. I wonder if it starts the day by taking little ones to school. Or maybe it is making a commute to Dallas each morning. This little car could spend its miles delivering meals or giving rides to the doctor. The sky is the limit when you are recharged and ready to go.
I think, on every walk, how I wish I could just plug in overnight and be fully charged and ready to go upon awakening, starting full speed ahead every morning. Life would be so much easier. No concern over being able to fall asleep quickly. No worries about being able to find restful, restorative sleep. No more anxiety from tossing and turning over the burdens of the day.
It seems to me that one of the important things in life is to discover what recharges our mind and soul. We need to know what it is that feeds us. Time alone? Time with those we love and who love us? A walk outdoors? A good read? A time of prayer or meditation? Time with a beloved pet? There are many ways to “plug in” be recharged. We just need to find our own.
My religion teaches that we find renewal and “recharging” in the love and grace of the God who is with us through each day and night. In the words of the Prophet Isaiah, “He gives power to the faint and increases the strength of the weak...But those who wait upon the LORD will renew their strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint.”
These are times that can leave us feeling faint and weak. (I am aware that the pandemic has brought the word “weary” back into my personal vocabulary.) But I can, like the little electric car, recharge each night and find myself ready to go into each new day in the strength of love and grace. That is a gift, just as is every day of life. Even the days that leave us tired and weary.
Peace.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud