Hate Has No Home Here


So far, this is my favorite of all the new chalk art around the neighborhood. It was still very dark this morning, and I could barely make out the designs and words. But this one captured my attention, even in the dim morning light. I was touched by the strong statement made by these neighbors. “Hate has no Home here”.
Wouldn’t it be a wonderful world if every house made such a commitment? So simple and yet so profound. No hate between those who live within the walls of this house. No hate for neighbors, no matter their differences. No hate for those who believe differently or vote differently or speak differently. No hate. Period.
In reality, we make that decision every day of our lives. Such a choice is not a one time thing. It is a conscious discipline of both mind and heart, every day.
The scripture speaks, “Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness.” I can’t change the whole world, but I can change how I relate to those who cross my path. My light can shine in the darkness, just as these powerful words written on the sidewalk pierced the morning gloom - “Hate has no Home here”. May it be so.
Peace.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud