People Make the Greatest Gifts


One of the things I’m thankful for this year is a wonderful group of middle schoolers whom I have the joy of visiting with on Wednesday afternoons after school. They gather for a small group study and usually make something interesting as they meet. Then they somehow get into my office and leave little surprises for me to find, hidden about the room.
I have found, among other things, rocks with ghosts expertly painted on them, personalized buttons made on a machine, and doctored pictures of myself. As the Thanksgiving holiday approached, I found these little turkeys scattered about. Each one made me smile.
These gifts are special to me because each one of the young people who made them are special to me. They make me laugh snd keep me young. They have interesting insights into whatever topic is up for discussion. They are, each one, unique creations of God. They give me energy for the rest of my week.
These wonderful friends are a reminder to me that the greatest gifts in my life will always be people. People of all shapes and sizes, of all ages and interests, all backgrounds and futures. People are the gift that makes life the full and joyful adventure I so desire. People are the gift that show me the love of God. In the little letter of 1 John we read, “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.” These special young people help me experience God’s love every week. Can’t wait to see them again. I wonder what I’ll find hidden in my office next week?
Peace.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud