Waiting Expectantly


 

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday, dreary and snow. Today, sunny with color abounding! Yes, what a difference a day makes.
I have often wondered how many times I have missed some amazing experience by just a day. If only I had stayed with it just a day longer. Might a relationship have found health again? Might I have learned to play that instrument or paint that landscape? Might I have come to a deeper understanding of God? Of myself? Might I have learned something life changing at that job or made a powerful breakthrough in that avocation I loved? What a difference a day could make.
In the frantic pace and unrelenting anxiety of the world, it is easy to become frantic ourselves. It is easy to lose patience with those around us, with the process of change, with God. Then we lose hope.
The Psalmist writes, “In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.” What a wonderful discipline for our daily living.
“Waiting expectantly” does not mean we sit. It means we are at work, faithfully living and passionately serving because God is at work as well. What keeps us going is that we start with God and we return to God. We do not lose hope. After all, we never know what a difference a day will make.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud