We Are Not Consumed


 

It seemed so strange today to see this view without everything covered in a white blanket of snow. Each time I step out of my office, I enjoy this vista of the pond and golf course across the street. It was a brilliant, white view for that past week. As the weather returned to seasonal norms, so did my view. I must admit, it looks rather plain.
In the Book of Lamentations, we find these surprisingly positive words in the midst of great struggle and sorrow: “Because of the Lord’s great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”
This day is a gift and each day really is a sign of God’s compassion and faithfulness. What will I make of this day on my end? Will I make it a day where others experience compassion through me? Will I make it a day where others find a faithful friend that sees them through a tough time? I have the power to make this day something powerful in the world, to make a difference in a life other than my own. I can help someone’s view change from hopeless to hopeful. Why wouldn’t I?
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud