New Creation


 

As I took a very limited walk through my neighborhood for the first time since fracturing my leg, I immediately came across this perfect image for this time of year. Amidst the mulch and mowed down remains of last year’s flowers, the new emerges.
Like these flowers, our past never really goes away completely. The places we’ve been, the things we have done, the choices we’ve made, the things others have done to us, what life has brought to our doorstep - all these become a part of who we are and serve as the fertile soil for who we are becoming.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”
As we continue to walk toward Easter and the ultimate celebration of new life, I am grateful for those along the way who have contributed to my life through their love and support. I am thankful for the opportunities to learn and grow. And, as enough years have rolled past, I’m beginning - just beginning, mind you - to be able to see how some of the hard times and disappointments have contributed to this new life of mine that is always emerging.
This is the ground of hope; that things have not always been as they are and that things will continue to be different into the future. Life is forever new.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud