Image of God


 

This year when I planted my Spring flowers, I ended up with leftovers of several different varieties. I put them all in a long box and waited to see how they would look as they grew. All the rain in recent weeks, and much to do at work, have kept me from checking on them for a couple of weeks. The sun has returned and the box has exploded with color. They may be my favorites of the season.
In the diversity of creation, we see the joy of God. I imagine that the different colors, shapes, textures of the flowers sing of happiness and joy. I like to think that the sizes and characteristics of all the animals proclaim the imagination and sense of humor of God.

I feel in my heart that the diversity of the human family should fill us with wonder and joy and reverence. The scriptures tell us that “God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.”
It has been said that one can never look into the face of a person God does not love. Each and every one of us is a reflection of the nature of God. When we see each other, no matter the many ways we are different, we should see the God connection that binds us all together. Like the mix of flowers in my box, it is only together that the beauty of any one is fully realized.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud