Investing in Others


 

As I walked past my neighborhood school, I found this strange and confusing sight. Part of a bumper was all that could be found in the parking lot. It was perfectly lined up in front of the parking space. All that was missing was, well, a car.
How did this happen? Did this part of the bumper just fall off, leaving the owner of the car unaware that they are driving a half-bumpered vehicle? Did someone find it and place it here in some attempt to help someone? Was the car stolen by thieves who decided to add insult to injury by leaving a little something behind? I wonder.
This strange sight reminded me of all the people who have passed through my life and left a little of themselves behind with me. What a blessing they were - and are each day of my life. They are with me everywhere I go.
“…we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.”
I can see their faces and name so many names. They gave of themselves in so many ways. They live in me and continue to influence my life. Who might I invest in today? How can I make a difference in the life of another by leaving a little bit of myself behind?
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud