The Face of Jesus




Yesterday I had the chance to work alongside a group of Sr. High youth and adults from my church at a food bank as they spent the week on a mission trip. I blow in for the day, but they had been at work and will continue at work after I return to the church, a few hours drive away. I am overwhelmed with the experience of watching these wonderful folk living out their faith in such a way.
“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.” Jesus teaches us these words in the Gospel of Matthew. I know these words. It was powerful to see them come to life before my eyes.
As we served lunch, I looked into the eyes of many who were in a hard place in life. I saw the face of Jesus in each one. As I reflected upon the day, I wondered if people could say the same about me. Do I look at others with interest and compassion? Do I look at people with eyes of grace? When the people I encounter as I live my life reflect on their day, I wonder if they can say they saw the face of Jesus.
Peace.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud