Don't Fight the Praise

 

I love how occasionally, as I walk, I happen to pass a certain place at a certain moment at a certain angle. It produces a bit of magic. Like this instant when the sun and the fork in the tree lined up perfectly. It was as if the life energy of the tree could not be restrained any longer by trunk and bark. Perhaps the tree’s heart could not hold back any longer true praise for the Creator. Whatever images come to mind, one thing is clear. It was beautiful.
Sometimes we can experience a moment when our energy and joy seem as if they could break free of this clay jar in which we live. Sometimes we catch a glimpse of God with such powerful clarity that our praise cannot be restrained. Those moments, too, are always beautiful.
I had such a moment when I flew to spend a day with some of the youth from my church who are on a mission trip. When I arrived at the church where they were staying, they came up and gave me a hug. It was unexpected and spontaneous. It surprised me. It made my heart glad. My joy overflowed.
“But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, “The LORD is great!” Let us join the Psalmist and not fight the praise. Let it burst forth into the world.
Peace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud