Drawing Strength From One Another


 

As I walked through one of the hottest days of the summer, this solitary little flower was hidden in a shady spot. So small, with just the slightest blush of pink, it seemed very delicate. But then I realized that it was strong and vital in the midst of high temperatures and the long summer. This is one tough flower.
I am always amazed at how strong people can be in the midst of the hardest of times. We often underestimate each other. We often underestimate ourselves. We often do this, not because we judge or fall prey to stereotypes , but because we care and just want to help.
Due to the nature of my work, I have the sacred privilege of walking with people in both the best and the worst of life’s situations. I never cease to be in awe of the strength of others. People stand through what seems to be unbearable grief. Others stand steady in times of unbelievable stress and uncertainty. Bad news knocks us down and we get to our feet once again. We should draw strength from one another. We should reflect upon our own story and gain endurance.
In the letter to the Colossians we read, “May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy.” I am thankful today for all those who show strength in their walk through this life. I pray for all those who need strength this day. And I hope that we see each other so clearly that no one has to walk through their struggles alone.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud