God Sees Us Through the Mess


 

As I walked upon this house, I couldn’t help but wonder what I was seeing. I thought to myself that this must be either some current version of how to toilet paper a house in times not far removed from a pandemic TP shortage, or the most complicated crime scene in the history of forensic science. It took all the self control I could muster not to walk straight up the walk and knock on the door. My curiosity was at operating at full capacity.
I’m certain that, at times, we look at the lives of others and wonder what in the world is going on. I’m also certain that, at times, we look at our own lives and ask the same question. Life can be very complicated. Life can be very messy. We often struggle to understand what we see in the lives of those around us, especially those whom we love the most. We often can’t recognize ourselves in the mess our lives can become.
Paul writes, “Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely."
We are limited by our human frailty in regard to our understanding of life. But even so, God is present. Even so, God is at work. God sees that which we cannot see and understands what is beyond the ability of our mind to grasp. Unlike myself, God is not confused when looking at what to us may look like that mess of a yard. Somehow, through the power of love and grace, God still sees us - US -through the mess. And that makes all the difference.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud