New Beginnings

 


As I have shared across these many months, every so often I go visit my neighborhood dinosaur to see what season is being celebrated. This guy is always ready with signs of a prominent holiday or the changing of the season. Most recently, he was celebrating summer camp. Clearly, now, school is back in session. Backpacks and crayons, letters and numbers - even an apple for the teacher. I certainly hope this is a great year for the kids who live in the dinosaur house.
The changing light, longer days, the bright lights of football and the roaring of hurricanes are all signs of the changing of the season from Summer to Fall. Time continues to roll. Life goes on with all its joy and challenge. New beginnings await.
As a boy, I fell in love with the Bible stories that spoke of lives that had new beginnings. It seemed to me that anything was possible as I read of Ruth and Mary, of Peter and Zaccheaus. I still love those stories. They give hope. Not because everything turned out alright, but because new beginnings came in the everyday of their living. Time does not only keep rolling in a relentless , merciless manner. Each day and season is also bringing the possibility of a new beginning.
May we find hope in all of our days. May we share hope in all of our days. My we have eyes to see the glimmer of new beginnings.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud