Safe Travels


 

As I rounded the corner onto my favorite walkway at the church, I came upon a confusing sight. My first thought was, “what a big turtle!”. I have to admit I was excited as I approached. Who doesn’t get excited about a big turtle? What’s not to love about a big turtle? I pulled my phone out of my pocket and was ready to take pictures of my new reptilian friend. But, alas, it was not to be.
That is when the situation became even more confusing. When I realized that the “turtle” was actually the top of a protective helmet, I looked around for any clue as to what happened here. Had there been a bike accident? Had someone been injured? How could someone lose part of their helmet and not be aware? Is someone riding around the neighborhood oblivious to the fact that they are unprotected? Would they notice when they removed their helmet and retrace their steps in an effort to find the missing pieces?
All of us travel through life losing things along the way. We lose our naivety as we experience more of life. Hopefully, we lose some of our unfounded fears. Sadly, we can lose other things as well. We can lose hope. We can lose faith. We can lose our way.
But we can also pick up a few things. Friends. Experience. Wisdom. Insight. We can discover faith and hope along the way. We can find peace.
“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Safe travels this day.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud