Still Standing


 

Season after season, I am always amazed when this tree fights back for another year of life. It appears to be dead in every way, but somehow it finds a way to put forth green leaves and few new branches each Spring. By the end of summer, it isn’t symmetrical and it it isn’t pretty, but it is still standing. I admire this old tree.
James writes, “Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.”
Sometimes people go through times when the best they can do is hold on. I admire them as well. Year after year their hard situations endure. Yet here they are, finding a way to live in and through it all. It isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always squared away. But their life finds a way. They stand.
These are heroes of faith to me. They aren’t famous. People do not quote them or post their lives on line. But these are the ones that show the way. These are the ones who shine in the darkness. I am blessed to know a few such people.
I think of these today and say a prayer of thanks and a prayer for strength. I am humbled by your example.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud