Stand Tall


 

As you know by now, I love my neighborhood. The trees, the different designs of the houses, the people; the list is long. Then there is this, the world’s tallest skeleton. If I’m honest, this would be the only reason I need to love my neighborhood. Seriously, would you need more than this huge, creepy and bizarre example of yard art gone to the next level? I think not.
I’ve known people who were, in their way, bigger than life. I experienced them through their huge hearts of love and compassion, their wide open view of people different from themselves and their commitments that endure through all the ups and downs of their own lives. Yes, these have been bigger than life in their own way, and they have made a difference in this world. They haven’t all been “front and center” people, but they have still been bigger than life. We don’t have to stand tall as a 12 foot skeleton to stand out.
Jesus was bigger than life, one who related to all kinds of people. He offers us this invitation,”Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Gentle and humble in heart. Not words we generally use to describe a person who made such a difference in the world. But he did, and still is. It was his love that stood out, his ability to put others first that made him larger than life. It was substance, not flash, that changed lives and the world. This gives me hope that we all could join Jesus and be a part of such change for the good. Perhaps each of us can stand tall.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud