The Truth Will Set You Free


 

As I continue to enjoy walking through my neighborhood world of Halloween yard art, it seems to me that, yes, skeletons are the main theme this year. I have seen them in all shapes and sizes, in every situation. They lounge in chairs and hang from trees. Small skeletons and huge skeletons, whatever you like, one can find them here.
Some days, as I pass this particular fellow, I hear myself say, “I feel you, buddy!” I believe this pandemic has left most of us, at times, feeling stuck like prey in a spider’s web. Just when we see some light on the horizon, another wave drags us down. Oh, we keep moving, but we feel stuck and trapped in a situation that can feel overwhelming.
Other things can hold us captive as well. We can easily come to feel trapped and paralyzed and hopeless in the face of the challenges and struggles we face. This is when we need to remember these powerful words of truth: “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” Of what truth does the writer speak? The wonderful truth that God is love. The wonderful truth that each of us are known and loved for who we are. The wonderful truth that we can be set free from whatever holds us fast by following Jesus into the fullness of the truth of God’s love.
As I pass this skeleton in the spider’s web, I say to myself, “Keep climbing! The truth shall set you free.”
And I say it loud enough that I hear it as well.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud