We Belong


 

I had to stop and spend a little time with this Halloween scene. The Jack-O- Lantern and skeleton dog certainly gets one’s attention. Nestled between the two lawn chairs with a table between, this bizarre pair seems oddly at home. It feels as if they belong right where they are.
That is a good feeling, is it not, to feel that we belong right where we are? Whether as a young person feeling we have a true and loyal friend or two or an adult knowing we have found the right vocation, we all wish to feel that we belong right where we are.
When I was a boy, our church sang a song about belonging. I still remember the first words:
Jesus, my Lord will love me forever,
From Him no pow'r of evil can sever,
He gave His life to ransom my soul;
Now I belong to Him;
Now I belong to Jesus,
Jesus belongs to me,
Not for the years of time alone,
But for eternity.
There is a place we always belong, each and every one of us. We all belong in the arms of grace and love. And, because of that, we end up all belonging together. We, as different as we all are, can feel oddly at home with one another. Wherever we are, we belong, because the grace and love of Jesus abounds wherever we go.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud