Gift of God's Grace


 

As I passed by on a bright fall morning, the colors of the landscaping of this house was brilliant. Yellows, purples, reds and greens lined the walk- all glowing in the sunlight. I admit I stopped for a few minutes and took it in. This yard seemed a celebration of life, a song of creation.
The Psalmist writes, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it …” All around us we have signs of God and God’s presence. The beauty of flowers that paint the weary landscape. The beauty of the human race in all its variety and wonder. The breath of life and the infinite heavens. Yes, we can see God everyday, if we have eyes to see.
I catch a glimpse of God from time to time in all these things. But I especially see God in the loving, selfless acts that grace my life by those who love me. Unmerited and impossible to repay, like the grace of God they are a gift. In fact, they are the grace of God to me. I am grateful.
May we have eyes to see the fullness of creation and all those who are present in it. May we receive in humble gratitude the gifts that come through the hearts of others. May we add color and grace to the life of someone else.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud