Trusting God with Our Time


 

This is a sight that always makes me sad. I understand that at times trees have lived out there years. I know that homeowners have various reasons for cutting down a tree, no judgement there. But it still makes me sad. I can’t help but think of all the time that has passed since this tree first took root. I think of the people who have passed by on their walks. I imagine the children that have played under the shade it afforded. I pause and consider how the world has changed while such a tree stood its silent watch. If only the tree could talk.
Time rolls relentlessly on, does it not? We look at our children and wonder when they grew to be so big. In conversation we hear a year mentioned and it seems impossible that year was so long ago. We mark birthdays and are amazed that we are the age we have become; overnight, it seems, we became our parents. Time does, indeed, roll on.
We read in scripture, “But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” God exists beyond the aspects of time that limit us. Yet God is with us in our time. All the time. Through all kinds of time. Good. Bad. Joyful. Tearful. Exciting. Mundane. We are limited to the time we are immediately in, but God is already in what comes next. This is our hope. This is our inspiration. We can trust God with all our time. All the time.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud