Now is the Time


 

For some reason, it still seems strange to me this year that it is getting dark so early. When I see this type of sky before six o’clock, I feel like I have lost all track of time. I wonder where I may have lost a few hours as I worked. It certainly gives me pause.
Time is a strange and precious gift. As we grow up, we wonder why time has to move so slowly. We have things to do and places to go that require us to be a certain age or attain a certain grade in school. Then we reach a place in life where we wonder where all the time has gone. We look in the mirror and hardly recognize the person looking back at us. We engage in some activity or task and find it surprisingly more difficult or challenging than before.
But I am coming to realize that the most important time isn’t what lies behind in the past or what awaits in the future. The most important time is now. This time, this day, is the gift. The apostle writes, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.”I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.”
We can’t plan or create a sunset. It just happens, and we experience the beauty. It is a moment, fleeting, yes, but the brevity does not diminish the beauty or the power. The glory of a sunset is in the moment. The glory of a life is experienced in moments as well. “Now is the time”, as the scripture teaches. Now is the time to love. Now is the time to serve. Now is the time to dream. Now is the time to laugh. Now is the time to embrace God as God embraces us. Life is not about what happens next. Life is about what happens now, in this time. I don’t want to miss a moment.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud