Rest


 

I don’t know about you, but sometimes I am just tired. I sense the same in so many others as the pandemic stretches on into this new year. I see the tiredness in those I visit in the hospital who are fighting the good fight against failing health. I see the tiredness in young people who are too busy and feel so much pressure much too early in life. At times it seems that the whole world is weary.
But, at the same time, I see around me such faithfulness. Teachers, who in the most stressful of circumstances, continue to pour their lives into the futures of our children. Medical workers who care and serve in the midst of short staffs and extra shifts. Those workers who provide our food and stock the shelves and assist us in a thousand ways each day. It is easy to forget that world is full of faithful people who work hard and serve others, even though they are tired.
Today, this inviting scene called to me in the midst of my tiredness. So many words came to my mind as I approached these chairs nestled under the protection of beautiful tree. Serene. Peaceful. Calm. Restful. We all need moments when we experience such in the depths of our soul. I know what brings me rest. I hope you know what leads you to that place where you recharge and heal from the bumps and bruises life brings to us all.
Jesus said, “Come to me, all that are weak and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” What a wonderful gift to offer. What a wonderful gift to receive.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud