When Work Brings Joy

Yesterday I took a walk through the buildings to see what I might come across as the preschool is back in full swing for the New Year. I love the sights and sounds and energy of the place when it is buzzing with children. I love to see our incredible team of dedicated teachers and leaders who are investing themselves in the lives of so many. And, of course, I love the art work that is displayed along the hallways outside the classrooms.
Since it is early January, the children have been setting their goals for 2022. And what wonderful goals they are! One of my favorites is captured in this photo. "In 2022 I will learn to ride a unicorn." That, my friends, is a goal to inspire your soul for a new year. My favorite thing about the drawing is the smile on the unicorn's face. I love the idea that not only will this little one's goal of learning to ride make them happy, it will make the unicorn happy as well. What a marvelous idea - a goal that is a two way street. A goal where the blessings flow in each direction.
As the years roll by, we still find that the best moments in life happen when we are doing what we love to do and other people are blessed in the process. The joy is doubled for us when our work brings joy to others.
We read in scripture that we are to, "…bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing."
As we grow into this new year, may we always keep an eye toward those around us. May we be true to the call to bless. In doing so, we may find our own blessing. And this is one thing on which we can all agree: the world needs more smiling unicorns.

Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud