God Has a Personal Touch

 


Everyone is out and about these days because the weather has warmed and there is a window of a couple of nice days before the cold returns. I imagine that, as is the case for me, there is much thinking going on as people walk. Even as they walk their dogs or listen to music, minds are churning. Lists of tasks are reviewed. Prayers are offered. Plans made. Decisions are pondered.
As I came upon a grouping of playground equipment, I noticed this station. Climb the stairs and spin the wheel. Go forward. Go back. Stop and wait for another turn. There are times when I wish there was such a place that adults could visit and find help with tough decisions. Sometimes just a little help would be nice. Just a little guidance. Just a little nudge in the right direction.
The Psalmist writes, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.” God is with us, nudging and guiding. Sometimes it is through the wise counsel of another. Sometimes it is through an inner sense of peace. Sometimes it is in the gift of knowing we are not alone as we navigate our lives. We just have to be tuned in to the help that comes our way. All this is better than spinning a wheel. God’s way has a personal touch.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud