Worthy of Reflection


 

As I was enjoying the early morning light show in the sanctuary, I noticed something that I had never noticed before. As I stood on the chancel and looked out into the worship space, I took pictures of the colors from the stained glass windows painting the empty pews. Suddenly a reflection in the glass at the main entrance caught my eye. It was a complete mirror image of the main round window behind me. This was not just a reflection of the beautiful, rich colors of the window, but of every detail.
During this season of reflection, I found this to be an extraordinary moment. It brought to mind the words from the Letter to the Hebrews, “He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.” That is a profound belief to hold. Just as the reflection in the glass is the exact image of the window above the chancel, so does the life of Jesus reflect the exact imprint of God’s nature.
When we look at Jesus, we see God. And the God we see is wonderful beyond our imaginations. Loving. Including. Forgiving. Embracing. Compassionate. Kind. Self-giving. What if we lived in such a way that the nature of God was reflected in our life? What if people were able to catch a glimpse of God’s heart in the way we treated others? What if our life pointed others to the God of Jesus? I don’t know about you, but I find these questions to be worthy of reflection.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud