Enter Into the Story


 

As I made my way through the park one morning, I passed the ball fields. After a stormy night, a layer of fog had settled in. As the sun rose higher in the sky, the fog began to lift, leaving the landscape with an “other worldly” feel. Our neighborhood now included, at least temporarily, its own field of dreams.
As I gazed across the rain soaked diamond, I thought of the people I would like to meet and visit once more if I had my own personal field of dreams. My mother and father top the list. There are so many. My dearest friend with whom I was ordained and shared years of ministry. My mentor. Young parishioners who died much too young. All the saints that will forever hold a piece of my heart. To see their faces and hear their voices once more would be heaven.
In my imagination I meet with people long past. As I read the story of Jesus, I enter into the events as best I can. The week to come is full of such opportunity. Palm Sunday opens the door to Holy Week, where we can join the crowds welcoming Jesus into Jerusalem. Would we be waving Palm branches in excitement or would we have dismissed all the hoopla and gone about our business? Would we be able to recognize the Messiah in one humbly riding on a donkey? Would we remain with Jesus or turn away as did so many? I wonder.
I will take advantage of the opportunities ahead in coming week to enter into the story of all stories; the story of God’s great love for us. I hope to find my place there with others who seek. What about you?
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud