Remember to be Amazed


 

We have come to this day we call Good Friday. We began the week with the waving of palm branches and shouts of “Hosanna!” We have listened to Jesus teach. We have watched as he ran the money changers and animals out of the Temple. We have joined Jesus and the twelve disciples around the table and shared the bread and cup. And, now, it is Friday.
When the sun sets today, Jesus will have been betrayed and arrested. He will have been placed on trial and convicted. He will have been beaten and mocked. As darkness falls this day, Jesus will have been nailed to a cross and crucified. He will have died and been laid in a tomb. And then it is night.
Isaac Watts expressed the events of Good Friday in this poem:
When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.
Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.
See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?
Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.
As the sun sets on the Good Friday, remember and be amazed.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud