God's Gifts Are All Around Us


 

I love the variety of plants in the gardens around our church. There are flowers that hug the ground and there are flowers that grow tall and wave in the breeze. You can find all the colors of the rainbow scattered about the grounds. There seems to always be something new blooming if you take the time to notice.
These grasses are a favorite. Their vivid spring green blades are constantly brushed by the breeze. They remind me of a mop-top kid whose hair is always askew. The sight of them make me smile. I don’t know the name of this plant, but I am a big fan. I try to stop by and see them every now and then.
Sometimes it is good to just enjoy a moment. We don’t have to know all the details or be on top of all the available information. We don’t have to analyze why we like something or why we find something beautiful or why something makes us feel what we feel. We can just embrace such moments as a gift, losing ourselves in the joy or the beauty or the wonder.
The Psalmist writes, “You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” The path of life is filled with moments of joy, if only we take a breath and embrace them. Even in the midst of life’s trouble and grief and pain, there are moments of beauty. All of life takes place in the presence of God, and God’s gifts are all around us. May we lose ourselves in them and be thankful.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud