My God is My Rock


 

As I walked around the church buildings one morning, I loved the sight of this delicate little flower standing all alone. It looked so vulnerable. Beautiful, yet perhaps in a precarious position going at this life thing all by itself. But then I noticed the garden stone on the ground behind it. Engraved upon it is a phrase from Psalm 18: “My God is my rock.”
I suddenly felt that the little flower would be okay after all. I realized even when I feel alone, that phrase rings true for me. That phrase is true for us all. It is that sense of security in God’s love and presence that allows us to bloom wherever we are, in whatever circumstances we find ourselves. We can be the beautiful, unique person we were created to be. And when we are who we were created to be, all the world is blessed.
“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud