In Between Time


 

If you have walked with me over these past 500+ posts, you recognize my friend. The neighborhood dinosaur always advertises and celebrates the events of the year. Valentine’s Day. Easter. The beginning of summer. July 4th. Back to school. Christmas. This friendly reptile shares with one and all the big days and events that are happening in the culture.
On my most resent visit to its home in cul-de sac, I noticed my friend unadorned. This was a reminder that we are in a moment of in between. We are in between holidays. We are in between school years. We are in between problems and solutions.
I couldn’t help but think how peaceful this dinosaur seems while it waits in the in between. How nice it would be to live in that space. Content with what has gone before and confident in what lies ahead. Living life, not just in the celebrations and the drama, but in all the moments in between.
Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
True peace comes when we trust all of life to the love and grace of God. Both the pleasure and the drama, true, but also the in between times when life seems to be going nowhere. But life is always going somewhere. Life is always moving forward into the possibilities of the future.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud