Welcoming Spirit


 

As I walk out of this week of service and fun with our senior high mission team, there are many things I will pack and bring with me as we make our way back home. We met people whose faithfulness to their urban ministry was inspiring. We met people who have stories very different from our own. We heard testimonies of God’s presence with people through loss, homelessness, prison and poverty. We worshiped with new friends and felt quite at home because of their hospitality and welcoming spirit.
We were blessed to experience God in the beauty of nature in those hours we were not at work. We ate together and prayed together and laughed together and cried together. Physical labor did us all some good. To sweat and plan and execute tasks together drew us closer.
The beautiful church building soaring to the sky represents well my experience this week. I found hope in the work and the people we met. I saw God all around, in so many different ways. I hope to continue to see God in everyone I meet along the way.
The Psalmist writes, “Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud; be gracious to me and answer me! You have said, “Seek my face.” My heart says to you, “Your face, Lord, do I seek.” Hide not your face from me. Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help. Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation!”
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud