Good Memories in the Hardest of Times


 

Well, in a way, it seemed as if these walks had come full circle. This journey of mine began with the shutdowns brought on by Covid. I walked in my neighborhood and was taken with the chalk art of the children who lived around me. Everyday there were new additions to the exhibition. I was amazed by the talent and creativity. I was inspired by the power of the positive messages and kindness shared through the art.
Then, things slowly began to get back to normal and the output of art decreased accordingly. Over time, the practice disappeared as quickly as it emerged. I have to admit that I missed it all very much.
So today, when I came across this depiction of a star and an ice cream cone, it made me smile. It reminded me that even in the hardest of times there are gifts to be received. Even in the hardest of times, there are glimpses of beauty and hope. These chalk images reminded me that, in some amazing way, we may find that we gathered some good memories even from the hardest of times.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud