Moment of Joy


 

As another hot summer day was drawing to a close, we were blessed with another spectacular sunset. This one was a study in orange. Every shade imaginable lit up the sky as the sun made its slow descent toward night. It was one of those moments that leaves one speechless; words are so inadequate in the face of such beauty.
The Psalmist writes, “So that those who dwell at the ends of the earth are in awe at your signs. You make the going out of the morning and the evening to shout for joy.”
As I reflected on this verse, I realized that as I looked at the sunset, I was no longer thinking of anything else. I was no longer thinking of what I had yet to do before calling it a day. I was no longer worried about whatever had been troubling me just a few minutes earlier. As the Psalmist wrote so long ago, all there was in that moment was joy.
Such gifts are all around us. We have the ability to be such a gift to one another. Through a kind word, a smile, a helping hand, by stopping long enough to let someone know that they are seen, all of these can create a moment of joy in the life of another. All of these can be a reminder of God’s presence and love. All of these can make a difference. All of these can paint someone’s sky and be a blessing.
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud