Choose Happiness

 


This morning brought the first frost. It really is the holiday season! I loved the way the sun was casting shadows on the frosty grass. I especially like way the sunrise made my own shadow look like an angel. If you know me, you know what a stretch that would be.
The cold brings the annual discussion concerning the weather: do you like the cold? I, personally, do. I’d much rather be cold than sweltering in the 100+ weather of the Texas summer. Others love the heat and begin being miserable as soon as the temperature falls below 70 degrees. Each to their own.
Chekhov wrote, “People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.” How true it is! We don’t notice a lot of things when we are happy that cause us great aggravation when we are not. Our frame of mind, our attitude, determine to a large extent the type of day we experience. It determines whether those around us can rob us of the joy of our work and life. It determines whether we live into our challenges or give way to the dark. Our attitude can either open us to the blessings around us or drag us down into the shadows of bitterness and pettiness and despair. Even though a large population seem to love living in that land, count me out. I choose happiness.
Peace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud