Perspective


 

Finally the rain has stopped. The foundation prep work can begin again. Several loads of rock have been delivered in long trailers. From one perspective, you can look and see nothing but a pile of rocks. From another, you can see a key ingredient to a strong foundation. It is all a matter of perspective.
As I continue to enjoy this journey that is my life, I am learning how much my perspective determines what I see. I can see the world as against me, a hostile place. I can see God as against me, bringing havoc into my life in a personal vendetta. I see other people as objects to be used for my good alone.
Or, I can see the world as a place of wonder and awe. I can see God as loving and present. I can see people as gifts to be treasured. It’s all in the perspective. And my perspective determines my experience of life.
“Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.”
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud