Angels of Light


 

This may be the happiest yard I have ever come across in my many walks. The light colors of the broad leaves seem to glow under the shade of the yard’s many trees. The lights that wrap the trunks of the trees are the crowning touch. This home is happy, inviting and warm; an oasis in a tough world.
Some people have such an effect on others. Because of their love, they offer a shady spot to rest for anyone who happens by. The way they bring hope through a kind word or a smile can be a glowing light in a gloomy world for someone at the end of their rope. To a lonely soul, these wonderful people have the ability to welcome them into relationship and community. People such as this are angels, messengers of God. And they bless the world.
“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.” Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be counted among those who serve as angels of light? What a joy to think that I might be that oasis of love and hope and welcome to neighbors, whether I know them or not. What a blessing to be the light in another’s darkness.
I am grateful for those who are such to my life. I couldn’t do without them. And I want to be like them.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud