Now is the Time


 

This has always been one of my favorite houses in the neighborhood. You could tell this mid-century modern was all original, inside and out. I never met the owners, but I saw the elderly couple driving in the neighborhood from time to time. They had two cars of the same make and model, with only the color to tell them apart. Then I noticed they went to one car. A year or so later, there was no car. Then another year or so later, the remodel begins.
I hope the couple made the choice to move into an assisted living facility. I hope they are very happy in a new life, wherever it may be. That’s what I’m choosing to believe. But it certainly marks a changing of the guard as the original owners leave after 64 years and someone new begins to make this home their own.
Time is relentless in its march. We try to do all kinds of things with time. We try to save it. We try to mark it. We seek to buy some time and sometimes to make time. We race against time and we embrace time. So it is with that which we cannot control and yet hold to so desperately. It is the stuff of our lives. It is the way we invest ourselves. Time is, ultimately, all we have. We should make the most of it.
Change is not in itself a bad thing. It is inevitable because it is the result of the passing of time. The Apostle writes, “For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.” Now is the time. That is a phrase which is always true. Whatever our age, whatever our life, now is the time. Let us make the most of it.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud