Sustained and Restored


 

Some days are just a challenge. Busy schedules. Difficult situations. Poor health. By the time the day is winding down, we are too. We are tired. Our energy is low. We are, both emotionally and physically, done for the day.
But, sometimes, we can pause and embrace the truth that is before us each and every day - It is often when the day is done that it is at its most beautiful. As I made my way home last night, this brilliant, blazing orange ball followed me all the way. It was hard to not look at it directly. It was hard to keep my eyes on the road. The setting sun was absolutely beautiful.
For some reason the sight of it led me to reflect on my day as I drove. For a few days I have not felt too well. It has been easy to be consumed with that and that alone. In fact, I need to confess something. I don’t do the sick thing well at all. I have been blessed to have little practice at it, and it shows. Acknowledging that fact made me grateful. I have people in my life who care about me and pray for me. This made me joyful. I have the means to obtain the health care that will no doubt solve the mystery and get me back to full strength. This made me humble.
By the time the sun followed me to my street, I was grateful and joyful and humbled by the blessings of my life. And, amazingly, I felt a little better.
The Psalmist writes, “The LORD sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness." This verse came to mind in the night. I have been sustained. I have been restored. And I’m not even well yet. I can’t wait to see what the new day brings.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud