God is Always Finding


 

When I was a boy, I remember the heart-pounding fear of getting separated from my father in a crowd. I could always spot him, with his height and with his white head of hair. But with the crowd close, and with me being so small, I could not find a view that allowed me to look up for that sign that all would be well. I was lost in the crush of the crowd.
I’m sure I was only lost for a moment or two, but it seemed like an eternity. Fortunately, my daddy was looking for me. He had a different point of view; he just had to look down to find me. As I grew older, and taller, I realized I was not lost at all. My daddy always had his eye on me.
So it is with God. This verse on the bench in the baptismal garden says it all, “Nothing shall separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus.” We can feel separated, but God always sees us. God is always looking. God is always finding, even in the crush of the crowd.
Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud