Filled with the Music of Praise



As I walked by a house that was being remodeled, this old organ was out in the yard underneath a tree. I suppose the previous owners had cleared everything out when they left, save for this instrument. The workers had to clear it out in order to get on with their tasks.
I could not help but wonder if the organ still played. Then I imagined who had played it in the past. I pictured children taking lessons. I saw a parent playing as a family gathered around and sang together. I could picture someone, in rare moments alone, playing and relaxing, lost in the fun of making music.
I wondered if this organ could make music again. It was old and dirty and, it seems, forgotten. Yet, somehow I sensed that there was music still within, just waiting for another chance to be heard. I have a friend that brings new life to instruments such as these. It is a beautiful thing.
The Psalmist writes, “Oh sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth! Sing to the Lord, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples! For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised”.
We can feel old and forgotten. We can grow dusty and silent for periods of time in life. But that does not mean that we have no song left within us. If we remember the joy of God’s salvation, if we remember all God has done in the past, we will once again fill with the music of praise. And that is something that has to be shared.

Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is at Work

Quiet Surprises

Live Out Loud